Monday, June 29, 2009

fine dining of chinese wedding banquet

"The Westin? Is it the one in PJ?", I asked. "No", replied my husband. "That one is Eastin, Westin is in KL", he added.

To our surprise, we took less than 30 mins to reach there from TPM after our work. It is situated right across the new high-end shopping mall, Pavilion. As we were busy looking for 'Parking' signboard, I did not even had the chance to glance at the hotel's design.

We forgot to bring along the invitation card, so, we thought we will go to the lobby to check on the ballroom's location. As I pressed the lift's button, a notice was placed above the buttons, informing us on the floor of the ballroom. Hmm..good. I thought.

The second thing that surprised me is that wet tissue is available in their toilet for us to wipe the toilet seat! Even though it provides illustrations on the dispenser on how to handle used tissue, I am wondering how many people will take notice. I mean, you really have to take effort to see what's in the image, as it's a little bit small. I'm very sure, not many people are educated on how to dispose the wet tissue. I'm confirmed on this, as I was asked before by my FIL whether can he throw it into the toilet bowl after he wiped my baby's buttock? And the next on my mind was, how many times did they called plumber to fix it.


I'm so excited to share what we feast. Ok, the jaw dropping menu as per below:

The Westin Combination Platter

Truffled cauliflower parfait ~ Cold lobster jelly shooters ~ Scrambled egg with dried scallop in puff ~ Coffee marinated salmon

Doubled Boiled Shark Fin-Monkey Mushroom and Scallop Wan Ton

Steamed Seabass Fillet Lobster Emulsion, Baby Nin Pak

Oven Smoke Sesame Duck with Citronella Plum Coulis

Slow Braised Sea Cucumber with Hong Kong Kai Lan

Deep Fried Prawns with Kataifi Seaweed ~ Tobiko Egg Salad
Stewed Giant Beancurd Sheet & Tea Flower Mushroom, Broccoli
Fried Rice with Assorted Seafood in Seaweed Jus
Moist Dark Chocolate and Banana Cake, Soya Bean Ice-Cream
Seasonal Assorted Fruit Platter
While and after read the menu, I thought "Whoa". This is something special. I've never tried this before in other hotels' wedding banquet. I just love it!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment