Thursday, June 25, 2009

my share on breastfeeding

I do not know about others. But, mine? It involves a lot of hard work and strong determination. I want to prove that not only big boobs can produce more milk. I want to prove that what they (the researchers or doctors or nurses) said about supply-and-demand theory is correct.
I insist on fully breastmilk for my newborn regardless how tired I am. I insist on fully breastmilk by defying my confinement lady/nanny's advice to feed him formula. I know she meant well.
I back to work when my baby was 2 months old. During that month, not to mentioned the first 2 months, I was really, really exhausted, tired. Really worn out, thanks to the sleepless nights. He is, he is, he's a night ranger! My sis commented on his eyes. She said his eyes opened wider during the nights.
I know the fact that, baby on breastmilk will go hungry faster than baby with formula. But, I just want to do my best for my children. I want to live my life with no regrets. I want the best for them. I want to protect them with my milk's antibodies. I have to be strong, I have to be stubborn, I just have too.
I can still remember how my head swings back and forth while feeding him. I can still remember how I keep on changing his cotton nappy after nappy while feeding him. I can still remember how he cried 'wa wa wa' refusing to go to bed when I chose to ignore him after long hours of attending him. I can still remember how he 'wa wa wa' and refuse to drink milk when I force him to drink milk when he wanted to go to bed with empty stomach. I can still remember how he cried 'WA WA WA' when I smacked him. By the time he willing to go to bed with full stomach, is the time that I should prepare to work. I'm grateful that my manager is understanding. She allowed me to go home early if I'm really tired. However, I did not abuse this privilege. Instead, I chose to take some short nap on my desk. Or else, there will be either over-or-under-deduct salary credited to my clients' employees.
And yes! They are right! How much your baby sucks will determine it's quantity. The decision is yours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment